Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tired of the BS: A Tribute To Cindy

I am tired of the BS.
It flows from your mouth
and falls limp at my feet,
tired and useless.
Climbing up my ankles and past
my knees, thick like clay
until I have to shovel it
over my shoulders
to see the real you.
I am so tired of the BS.
It is so familiar to me
that it feels like I wear it,
laid out for dressin'
with my bra and shoes,
yet it has no functional purpose.
It is like I hear it so
much-
same tone, same man,
that everyday feels like
Deja Vu.
Haven't I been here before?
Wrapped up in someone
else assumptions and
supposed sweet talk?
I have tried everything.
I roll my eyes at it.
Laugh at it.
Turn my back to it.
Ignore it.
But it just lies there
feeling obligated -
like I should care!
Meaningless and empty,
just as sorry as him.

No comments: