Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Um...no thank you.

OK, so today I was in the mall food court. I decided to get a Chic-Fil-A milkshake before heading downstairs to utilize my Lane Bryant coupons. Well, to get to The Chick I have to pass this Chinese food restaurant, you know, the kind that has the specials for like three or four meats with a side?
So anywho, I'm walking, looking fab in an adorable summer dress, when the kid working at the Chinese spot offers me a sample. I shake my head 'no' with an Oreo milkshake on the Check Spellingmind. Well, of course, that can't be right, a fat girl declining a sample. So he goes, "Try a sample?"and I am like, "Um...no thank you." He is like, "No, a sample," just in case I misunderstood. It was clear he had trouble believing that a gal my size would be declining free sweet meat on a toothpick. I shake my head no, and get in line at The Chic, only to turn around and see this kid right next to me, a tray of cocktail chicken strapped to his waist. "Sample," he says flatly, pointing the chicken square in my face. I snatch it out of his hand and eat it to avoid a scene, thinking that would satisfy his need for me to try is food, when he then starts rattling off the menu in The Chick line! "You can get three meats. Why are you over here? You can get three meats."
Luckily, his manager shouted for him to go back to his post. I calmly ordered my milkshake then continued my mission to The Lane. I went in the opposite direction, just in case he was thinking about chasing me down.

No comments: