Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Oooh La La Miami!

I was a little wary about traveling to Miami, primarily because of the city's reputation. All I ever heard about it was how hot the women there were, and I was not really in the mood to be the only chub surrounded by leggy Latin models. But I have to say, visiting the city was very freeing.
I mean yes, there were tons of hot ladies wondering around, but what struck me most was how comfy everyone was with their bodies. Sexy and not-so-sexy people alike walked the city street with no shame, flaunting their abs and bellies. People were over-tanned, under-toned, veiny, flabby, dimply, and very at ease. There was this "just do you" vibe in the air. People with saggy butts were walking around in thongs, and no one batted an eyelash. Amongst some of the most beautiful, and tacky, people in the world, I had never felt so relaxed!
For the first time in a long time I went to the beach and witnessed all walks of folks riding the waves. Men with hairy backs and low-riding guts, fit dudes in speedos, women with bright white freshly waxed bikini lines, little kids covered in sand. Sitting around the freaks and geeks my huge thighs didn't seem so huge.
I had never relaxed so hard. Even sleeping, I had a good time! I can not wait to visit again, next time with a motorbike and an English to Spanish dictionary.

No comments: