Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I know that I am inexperienced, but aren't boys supposed to court girls? I mean, isn't that the way it was originally?
I ask this question because of my dealings with Curious. He will text me, asking if I am busy. I will say no, and then he will be like, OK, call me. Call you? I thought I was the girl! And although I always thought that I would enjoy a chase or a man that was a bit wimpy, I have to say that I am not only turned off by this, but also COMPLETELY unimpressed.
Some things that I have learned 6 months into being 25: I don't want to chase a guy, I want a guy to chase me. I don't want to be treated as a guy's equal, I want to be treated better than him. Despite my strong will, I no longer want to be a guy. I want the guy to be a guy...without being overpowering.
I know that this may be common sense to most of you, but you have NO IDEA how many idiots I have dealt with, since my first day as a freshman in college to today, to get to this conclusion. Knowing what I know now, I ALMOST don't feel completely relationship hopeless and handicapped. Now the only thing is finding out what I need to change about myself to attract a man that is...a man. Not some guy that wants to call me in hopes of free dinners and phone sex. When I figure this out and implement it, I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: