Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Holly and the Harveys

The other day I got the opportunity to interview Steve Harvey's daughters, Brandi and Kiley. They have an organization called Young, Fit,and Fly where they educate young women on health. They schooled me to some real talk that I thought that I would share.
Look Good: No really, always look your best. People judge you when you do and especially when you don't so step up your appearance game. Although this may sound vain, just think about the opportunities you may be missing out on by not being cute. Unfortunately, this is the way it is. Why not put on some lipgloss if it will get you that job...or that man.
Have Confidence: Now this one is hard because I have found that, even though I have confidence on the inside, it doesn't always radiate on the outside. Your presence should be demanding. You should turn heads when you walk into the room. The friggin' atmosphere should change when you roll passed. Yes, you should be that fly.
Be A Lady: Plain and simple. Talk like one, look like one, act like one. You will find that when you are a lady, you will attract a man, not a boy or worse, a complete loser that tries to talk to you out of the window of a moving car.
Don't Be Afraid to be a Snob: Have high standards. Demand that men meet those standards.
Do not settle for less. Be choosy about who you associate with. And if by doing this people think you are snobby, who cares? Do not allow yourself to be disrespected. Always keep the bar high.
I know that these are some basic tips, but it meant a lot to me hearing these seemingly elementary tips from women who are where I want to be in life and who go by these rules and have seen the fruits of following them. So yes, this is Girl 101, but sometimes we have to be reminded. I am going to try these rules, seriously, for a month. I will let you know if I notice a change.

No comments: