Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Little White Lie

This dude who desses up like a king and dances on the sidewalk to advertise for a tax service wrote me a love letter. It's the first love letter I have ever received. We shall call him Tax King. It was a really sweet letter guys:) It made me smile because it was really honest and just sweet. I don't know how else to put it. But I am not interested. So I told Lauren that I am going to write him a letter back, stating how sweet the letter was, but (and here is the little lie) I have a boyfriend in the Marines, which is why he never sees us together, and we have been together for a really long time. I have to decline his request to get know me better. Lauren's response: "Why don't you tell him you're a liar?" Lauren and I have a crucial difference in ideals: she is totally anti-lie. I believe that a teeeeny lie, to save someone's feelings, is OK. Listen, I have been rejected, RUDELY by a so many guys. I would still possibly have an ounce of self-esteem if one of them would have had the heart to just lie to me and tell me that they were in a relationship instead of just flat out telling me that they were not interested in me or that I suck. If I have a boyfriend in the Marines, we could have had a shot if I wasn't with somebody. See how much nicer that is? So, being a veteran reject, I am going to do the more humane thing and write him a letter back.

No comments: