Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Pope Run-In

The other day was my sister's birthday, and my aunt and I went to Publix to get her a cake. And while I was at the self check-out, I ran into Mrs. Pope, one of my assistant teachers from elementary school. She asked me if I was in grad school yet, and I told her no. This super sucked because I had told her two years ago that I was getting my ducks in line to go in, which I was. Sigh. Then she told me her daughter, Imani, who is my age, just got a job as an engineer and is married and lives with the hubby. I was like, "Imani isn't in Atlanta anymore?" And she was like, "No, she never came back." Hmmm. I left, cake in hand, feeling like a complete loser. Jamaica told me a harsh truth: I am NOT getting any younger. I am getting older everyday, and the people around me are doing SO MUCH MORE with their lives! And I know that I rant about this consistantly, but I think about it consistantly. Let's be real, I'm not that far from 30, and I feel like I have not picked up any speed in my life at. all. I am totally rolling my eyes at myself right now.

No comments: