Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Daddy Love

For the past month, my father has been making himself more present in my life. We IM each other and do video chats. He's funny to me. He is easy to talk to, even though most of the time, I don't know what he is talking about. He is full of older Black man opinions that make me roll my eyes, and he's a bit of a nerd. I absolutely adore him. Sure, I don't know him really, really well, but he is nothing like my mom's boyfriend, the guy that I grew up with as a dad stand in. Again, I don't know him super well, but my life feels fuller knowing him. I wonder what I would be like today if he would have been more present in my formative years. Would I not seek male attention, or would I just have a whole different set of man issues. LOL, who knows? Yes, he can be annoying, but I am happy he is making himself more available.