Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Decisions. Decisions

Serious and urgent decisions need to be made about my career (which directly effects my money) and it's making my stomach hurt. I will just be sitting here, with a stomachache, and wonder what my issue is, and then I remember: serious and urgent decisions need to be made about my career. I am 27. Next month I will be 28. Moves have to be made to the point that I can not sleep, and every decision I can think of leads to me being broke, depressed, anxious, and terrified for an uncomfortable amount of time.
I have recently begun what I refer to as cocooning. I realize that what I am about to describe is not the real psychological definition. But what I have begun doing is hiding under my covers and pretending I am in the womb so I can have 27 extra years to make my serious and urgent decisions about my career. In kindergarten, I would probably have been reading self-help books instead of Dr. Seus so I would grow up confident with more faith in my self professionally and in my ability to support myself.
P quit his job as a nurse to drive a cab. Maybe I should quit being a journalist to wear a nightgown and scream at the sky downtown.
Serious and urgent decisions need to be made about my career. Until I get the balls to make them, I guess I will cocoon.