Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Friend-Dumping: An Epidemic

My pool of platonic male friends has dwindled down to dust.
In college I was the homie, and had an ishful of platonics. But they all got married or got into serious relationships and felt the need to friend-dump me.
If you are not familiar with friend-dumping, good for you. That means that men in your life actually give a shit. It is pretty much when a guy friend drops you because he gets a girlfriend. This could be to make more time for the gf or because the gf doesn't like you or because they literally just forgot all about you when they met a woman they could actually have sex with. Ah, boys will be boys.
This has happened to me more times than I care to discuss. One of my guy friends who most recently dumped me is getting married. I found this out from a post on his fiancĂ©'s Facebook page, equipped with this GROSS pic of them kissing. I know what you are thinking: I sound like a hater. Maybe a little. When you used to be hella close to someone, you don't expect to begin hearing about momentous events in their life via social networking alerts.
The other night I talked to my little homie Baby Cakes. I call him this because he is five years younger than me. Any way, he was telling me he had friend dumped all his female friends because his gf is a wee bit insecure. He intends to marry her, as if that is not a red flag. I said nothing, I didn't want him to dump me too. Again, boys will be boys.
Friend-Dumping is worst than getting dumped by a boyfriend. You kind of can see a boyfriend dissing you if you try hard enough. But not a friend. That is against the friend rules!
There is no defense against a friend-dump; no logic. It just happens and it stings every time. Don't end up like me ladies. When your guy friend gets a lady, just go a head and dump him first so that you can move on with your life. Don't be a Holly.