Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Twitter and the Obnoxious Successfuls

For me, Facebook has become a place where girls can post really nice pictures of themselves at the gym and wearing fresh Forever 21 outfits. It is also an open scrapbook for those in your face braggers who have just gotten married or have just had babies.
So if Facebook is a constant reminder that I don't have a Beyoncé body, a Jay-Z, or a Blue, Twitter is a reminder that I am broke.
I mean, I really must have missed the seminar on how to become a millionaire before 30, because professionals my age are just Tweeting away about how much money they have and how they are such successes.
Yes, I know that a lot of these people may be full of it, but it's still upsetting. I have decided that I can only go on Twitter now after noon because waking up to Tweets from a 22 year old bragging about a bonus check starts my day off on the wrong foot.
I think that I am a hard worker. I think that I am smart. I even think that I am cool. These are my opinions of myself, of course, when I am not girl depressed and wanting to die. And that's okay. I admit that there is improvement that has to be done to get me to where I want to be. But that doesn't mean I am elated to read about how this Atlanta socialite that I know, who is an IDIOT, just got a really good, high paying job.
It's silent out there. Am I the only hater in the room? I guess so.