Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Crisis

A good friend of mine called me yesterday just to inform me of how much she can't stand her job. She is overqualified for the one she has and wants another one. She has applied everywhere. It has been 9 months. She has to live with a relative, she doesn't have a man, she is seeing a shrink, and she is over it.
I told her to talk to another gf of mine who is in her field and has experienced tons of success. She has, however, given up on men and gotten a pet.
This quarter life crisis thing is getting overwhelming. Even my friends that are doing well are emotional wrecks. I am almost 30. What if those ten years are a crisis? From their I will slide into my midlife crisis. Is that what they don't tell you: that you whole life is essentially a crisis? If so, that was something critical that they left out in grade school when they were telling us to just say no to drugs.