Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Information Overload

The news apps on my iPhone and my addiction to Netflix documentaries has sent me into information overload. Ask me about anything- The Koch Brothers, Valentino, Syria, Egypt, President Obama, North West, organic farming- I know about it all.
So yes, it has become impossible to have a normal conversation. Yesterday, I think I overwhelmed my mom. In the span of five minutes I asked her about the Bradley/Chelsea Manning saga, the effects of the Edward Snowden drama on Obama's foreign policy, and her thoughts on America's water shortage. It was a bit intense.
I am literally downloading information. This is good, I guess. The bad part is not having people readily available to have serious discussions about things with. I mean, I kind of feel like The Giver (Google it).
Between washing clothes I have watched four documentaries this morning already. I think that I am hooked.