Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Thug Love

There is a man that goes to my gym that I am pretty sure has killed someone. He has one of those tattooed teardrops on his face and hundreds of tattoos on his body. With huge muscles and a face that automatically gives off attitude whether he means to or not alerts me that he has probably been in prison. Dare I say that I think I have a crush?
I have only spoken to him once about coming to the Saturday morning Yoga class. The convo was going well until I noticed the teardrop and blurted, "Oh my God! Have you killed someone?!" He didn't get mad, even though, for a split second, I was sure he was going to punch me. He also didn't answer.
OK. Crushes with beaus. A beau with a baby on the way, and now an ex-con. I know it seems like I am going from bad to worst. But he seems nice! He waves to me when he sees me. Plus, minus the tear drop he has beautiful skin and minus the tats he has a nice body. Besides the whole prison thing, he is hot!
What is it about bad boys that is so alluring? Maybe not even bad guys, but the idea of "the wrong guy;" the man that has nothing you are looking for besides a body and a nice car. My guess would be that they are just more fun than the guy with the formal education and the kid-ready minivan.
I say that I am guessing, because I don't know...yet. I have been toying with the idea of asking this 36-year-old gang-banger out on the town. Maybe to Applebee's for a Mangorita? Now I know that I said that I had sworn off men and the idea of dating. But he's cute and I'm young. Plus, I hear that bad guys like good girls. You can't get any cleaner than I. Who knows, this could be the "one." If not, I could at least get some time out with a cute older man and a Mangorita.
Let's just hope his former lifestyle is just that. I'd hate to be the story behind his second teardrop.

No comments: