Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trans-Fatuation

Recently, a girlfriend of mine informed me that she is currently dating a tranny.
If you are in anyway as out of the loop as I am, you need a definition. In this case, she is dating a girl who is taking steps to become a man. She goes by He, and He has changed his name and may or may not where a "piece." And whatever your mind told you a "piece" is, you are probably right.
When my friend told me this, I was not surprised. She is this adorable, fun-loving bisexual that just goes where the wind blows. However, her new beau got me to thinking about whether or not I am limiting myself when it comes to finding love.
The other night I called my friendn Sydney and just asked her randomly if she would date someone Transgender or Transsexual. You know, just for the sake of convo, and she said that it depended on the regulars. Is the person nice? Honest? Funny with a good credit score? You know, the essentials.
I have to say that I was surprised. Not that Sydney is not open-minded, but I consider her to be much like myself, and I don't think I would. But in the end, I think it all boils down to hang-ups, of which I am the queen. My dream guy has to be tall and nerdy and dark and slim and witty. Perhaps being a slave to these characteristics is why I am currently single. Maybe if I stepped outside of my box and date a short guy or a White guy, I would be comfy in love right now.
My friend is dating a tranny and she is happy. I am waiting on Mr. TallDarkAndHandsome and I am single. I don't have any intention of dating a girl, or a boy who was once one, but I think that this little tid bit of info about my pal's new beau has got me reflecting on being realistic and receptive. Love does not always come wrapped in red ribbons and in this case, may not even come with its original "piece."

No comments: