Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My 27th Birthday

So, at about midnight on Friday, I woke up to go pee and was greeted by a chocolate on my dresser that my roommate Audra made for me. We ate some of it in the kitchen, then I went back to bed.
I woke up the next morning, and Audra offered to take me to The Waffle House for breakfast. On the bus ride there I was informed that because it was my birthday, I could get into the aquarium for free!
After breakfast, we split ways. I had to go meet with my PR client and she had to go to her job's Christmas lunch. I wasn't on the train two seconds before I realized my phone was gone. Sigh.
The next hour was a frenzy of negativity, crying, and panic. I can not afford another phone. So I get to my PR client's. Audra has texted her. She has it. I am relieved.
From there I went to the aquarium but I was in some sort of a daze or something. I should not have gone. The aquarium is a family place, and I was the only one walking around alone. I felt stupid, but I did enjoy the penguins, seals, and the little Africa section. Cool stuff.
My walk to the train station from the aquarium was a nightmare. I thought I was going to cry. The Christmas music was making me sad, the kids playing around were making me sick, and the whole joyous theme of Centennial Park was making me depressed.
Finally make it to the train station and a random man gave me $20 on the bus.
Bought some juice, came home, drank with vodka, went to sleep until Audra brought me some dinner.
Birthday over. I say it went well seeing that originally, I wanted to cancel it. Another year under my belt. Really excited about making it count, just glad the day is over.

No comments: