Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Too Hot for Facebook

I was surfing Facebook last night, as usual, when I decided to Facebook spy on the teen girls that I volunteer with. They have a nasty habit of putting, well, inappropriate pics up and scribbling nasty remarks on each other's walls.
So, I come upon one of my girls and my eyes widened. She was being WAY too sexy. And to put icing on the cake of her way-too-grown up photo, her boy friend comments on the pic and says something like, "Can I have it?" and she is like, "It's already yours." YIKES and GROSS!
She was born in 94, so that explains it all. These 90s babies are crazy, and the girls are in such a rush to be sexy! Their Facebook pages are full of hot and spicy bathroom cell phone pics where they pretend to kiss each other and hug each other by the belt loops. I know this because my sister texts me one of these pics just the other day!
One of the other girls I volunteer with wants me to get her some glamour shots done. She has wanted to be a model for a while, and now she really wants to be one now that her over sexed 17 year old pal has shown her model shots where she is looking over her shoulder at her own butt. She tells me over lunch, "I want to be more sexy." She is 14!
When I was 14 I had dookie braids, smelled a little, and was listening to The Miseducation of Lauren Hill on my portable CD player. I was also a Cadette Girl Scout. I was too busy writing poems about my sad tween life to be sexy. And as someone who just tured 27, I have to wonder, what is the rush to be grown up? And not grown up in a way where you fantasize about having your own apartment, but grown up like I can't wait to have sex and for people to see me naked? I just got off the phone with my Glamour Shot girl, and she explained it to me like so: "You are the old generation and we are the new generation." Ok...WHATEVER THAT MEANS! I shutter to think about myself at 90 with these kids taking care of me. They will be too busy having sex on the lunch room tables at my nursing home to bathe me and change my diapers!

No comments: