Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Free

I volunteer with a girl that I feel has never liked me. When I would walk in the door, she would either laugh at me or roll her eyes. I never took it too personally. She was like that with everyone.
Yesterday, while volunteering, I told her that she looked different. She did. She looked happy. And real happy, not happy because she was laughing at one of the other girls.
She told me that she had recently gone to church, and the minister asked her if she wanted to be free. And she said yes. And he told her that God knew about all the ratchet shit in her life, and he was with her. He understood her frustration, but he already had everything figured out. And she had to believe that to be free. So she said she did.That very night, her aunt pissed her off really badly. She describes her as a negative, awful woman that always has something to say who often makes her mad. But this time, it was so bad that she said she felt like killing someone. That is a pretty intense feeling to have at 15. Any who, she calmed down and remembered what her minister said and was calmed. So she says now she feels free. That was so refreshing to hear that I almost cried. This freedom idea sounds so...freeing. She is now forever changed because she knows God has her back. That makes me wonder about how open my life would be if I let some things go. If I could just kick my anxieties to the point that I at least wasn't scared that touching a doorknob would give me hand Herp.
Free.
How abstract.