Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Going to the Date

Prepping for the date was a mess.
I decided to take a power nap after lunch, even though I have traditionally always gotten the itis. The only reason I woke up 15 minutes before it was time for me to catch the bus was because someone called me. Racing, I tried to put on my leggings, ripping a hole in the seam. I called Old Guy, resheduled the date for 30 minutes later, then ran out the door. Half way to the bus stop I remembered that I had not brushed my teeth or put on deodorant.
I missed my bus and had to take a cab. No cash on me, I had to stop at the ATM where I waited in line behind the slowest man in the world. He kept restarting his transaction, like he couldn't remember his code.
On the train ride to the coffee shop, I applied my makeup perfectly. My mascara made me look like I had Betty Boop lashes. This never happens! This was ruined when a man got on the train half way to the shop and sat infront of me. He smelled so much like DooDoo that it made my eyes water!
A stop away from the stop I needed to get off at, I decided to close my eyes and relax and get in date mode. This was interrupted by an elderly man with the world's last boom box blasting Woo Tang. Woo Tang! In Atlanta?
I must have looked nice, because the junkies on Peachtree Street were making inappropriate remarks. Crossing the street to the hotel where the coffee shop was located, one acted like he was going to come at me. I attempted to run (which I haven't done since I was 9) and almost got hit by a car.The driver called me names. Surprise.
I arrived to the coffee shop to find that it was closed. And that taking a cab had somehow made me ontime. I had to wait thirty minutes for the date.