Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Skinny

I met a man named Skinny on the bus.
I lied to him and told him I had a boyfriend, but we had a good conversation. The conversation was so good that I was kicking myself for lying to him when he got off the bus. He was cute and he was young. He said he had a kid, but what are you gonna do about that?
This is not the first time this has happened.
I cock block myself, lol, and I don't know why.
I think the biggest reason is because I am trying to make it in life and consider men a huge distraction that could set me back further than I already am. Do I have to remind you about married guy? If I hadn't been crying over him for a year and healing myself, who knows where I would be in life?
I have to keep reminding myself that I am young. If not now, when? Ideally, I would like to be a success, then seriously date, but who knows how long success is from now? My fear is that I will increasing gain success but continue to push guys back until I feel like I have made it. And the made its always say that they never feel like they have made it, like there is always more work to do.
I can't dwell on it, but I will try to do better with this is 2013. Try is the operative word.