Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bad Parenting

I go back and forth on whether or not I want kids. I acknowledge that I am nuts, and I don't want to produce anymore fucked up humans for the world to deal with.
This became evident at Wal-Mart last night watching this mom curse out her kids in the meat isle.
Her son was playing with his little sister and she screamed, "STOP BEFORE I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU! ACT YOUR DAMN AGE!" Mind you, he only looked about nine, and the look on his face after she yelled at him...he just looked like a kid that is going to grow up to be troubled.
After yelling at the kids for talking to each other, she began to get majorly annoyed when the kids started talking to her. Finally she yelled for her husband, who was hiding in the chip isle.
"NIGGA BRING YOUR ASS!" she yelled.
Man, I've never seen a man run so fast in my life, turning the corner with two cans of Pringles in his arms.
"Why you yellin'?" he asked. I mean, his voice was shaking.
"BECAUSE THESE KIDS ARE GETTING ON MY GODDAMN NERVES!"
My aunt and I turned onto the toilet tissue isle to laugh. Not because it was funny, but because it was horrifying. She had scared everyone who could hear her. I have never seen people in a store clear an area so fast.
I don't want to be this lady, but I have no patience, so it's a possibility.
You know this lady. You have seen her at your neighborhood store. Tall, leggings, holy t-shirt, ratty hair weave, red eyes, pissed, and scary.
Again, things like this make me rethink motherhood.