Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Fat! Fat! Fat!

Today, I decided it was a good idea to ring up $140 worth of groceries at the self check out at the grocery store. I know, bad idea.
This woman came to the check out behind me with her two children. Her son was pretending to do karate and her daughter was in the grocery cart. I looked at her and smiled, loving her little Afro puff.
"Hello," I said to the little girl.
She replied by pointing at me and saying, "Fat, fat, fat!"
I look to the mother who was not paying attention. She was apparently searching for gold in her purse.
"That isn't a nice thing to say," I said to the little girl.
"I'm sorry," she said, then went on to say, "Fat! Fat! Fat! Big!"
I stared at this girl blankly. She had to have been about 5; too old to be in the buggy and too old to be calling me fat.
I got way too close to her and said with a smile, "That really isn't nice." I was trying to communicate with my eyes, What? Are you retarded you little dumb bitch?! I said you are being an asshole!
Getting uncomfortably close to the cart got her mom's attention.
"What's going on?" she asked.
The little boy stopped fighting with the air to inform the mother of the situation.
"Do you think that that's cute?" The mom asked the little girl.
"You are a pretty little girl," I said, walking away, flicking her off. "You really shouldn't say ugly things."
"Right!" said the mom, not looking at me to see my festive hand language.
Karate man saw it though. He thought it was funny.