Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Shameless Blocks

So, as part of my 30 Days Shameless, I decided that I wanted to get my hair braided into box braids. I went to a natural hair salon and the stylist pretty much told me that she didn't have time to do my hair and the other stylist that I trust doesn't know how to do them. Sigh.
Then, I decided that I would get my eyebrows done. I have previously been against this because people have demanded that I do it, and I didn't dig that. Also, I had a bad experience in college that led me to looking very excited for like two months.  But I thought, what the hey! Gotta be shameless! Then, I shared this plan with P and he told me that in the Quran someplace it says that people who get their eyebrows arched are going to be thrown in the hell fire. Huh?! I'd never heard of this, but I'm not going to push it. Okay, I won't say I won't push it, I'm on the fence about it.
The next goal is to go to the Sassy Shakes Twerk Class at Dance 411. I have asked people to go with me but no real confirmations. What I am learning from this little goal is that when you want to be shameless, you may have to do it alone. It' all good though! I am going to make my 30 days.