Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Shameless Day 1: Vitamins

I am afraid of vitamins. I haven't taken them on a consistent basis since my mom used to give me the kind that tastes like candy. I also don't like pills. But, considering my diet, I am sure that I am nutrient deficient. Actually, I am positive I am. If you took my blood right now, you would find Minute Maid Fruit Punch and Oreo crumbs. Taking vitamins again has been on my mind since I heard fitness guru AJ Johnson (of House Party and Baby Boy fame) speak at Spelman about how soil has been nutrient deficient since the '70s. She caries a literal garbage bag of vitamins with her when she travels, and she looks like a million bucks. Don't get it twisted, I am not trying to look like AJ. I am just trying to make it 30 minutes in a day without feeling like I need to take a nap. I will let you know how this goes. Dare I say I am a little excited, looking forward to having energy.