Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

April Faves

I love spring! The temperature is just right, the world around me seems to be rejuvenating, my hair always looks particularly good for some reason, and I am always eager to get my hands on the latest beauty goodies. Below are my beauty faves for April:

My nail color for the spring is the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Color Set Sail. It is a perfect baby blue and makes me smile whenever I see it on my nails. If blue is not your color, I still suggest you check out the Insta-Dri collection. Out of all the polishes I have tried that claim to dry quickly, this is one of the few  that is actually telling the truth! It also dries shiny, no top coat needed.

The cool thing about Life Therapy products is that they are characterized by mood. The Hydrating Body Lotion in Escape is my favorite. The lotion is very light in both consistency and aroma, which is great for summer. It also includes one of my favorite moisturizers: Shea butter. Plus, their Mood Inhancing Hand and Body Wash, also in escape, is a must-try as well.

The first product I ever tried from Burt's Bees was their lip balm. It was one of my essentials for a long time. So I was very excited to try a product from their new Renewl Collection. The brand teamed up with nutritionist Kimberly Snyder to launch a 28 day "Face Cleanse". Your skin renews every 28 days, so using the collection, you can see the difference in your skin during this time frame. My favorite product is the Renewal Refining Cleanser with Hibiscus and Apple Rejuvenating Complex. You know I love scents, and it smells like heaven!!! The apple gives it a sweet aroma that fits the season. As you also know, I am typically afraid of facial products because of my sensitive skin but this product exfoliates gently and made my complexion noticeably brighter after one wash!

Rituals makes amazing, spa-grade bath and body products and this spring they are launching the Rituals Sakura Collection. The Japanese celebrate "Sakura", which is the annual blossoming of the Cherry Blossom. The Rituals Sakura Collection includes Cherry Blossom and Organic Rice Milk. I had the opportunity to try the Sakura Scrub, which has this exotic, clean scent that I can not get enough of! I actually caught myself sniffing myself the other day, lol, it's great! It leaves skin smooth and supple and isn't overpowering. It's a must for the season.

No comments: