Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Not So Dirty 30: The Roomie Shuffle

It looks like I am losing yet another roommate. She can't take the heat...literally.

"How can you live like this?" she asked. "It's so hot!" she was sprawled out across her air mattress with a straw hat over her face. Once she moves out, this will be my 5th roomie since I graduated college. At 30, aren't I a little long in the tooth for the roommate shuffle?

You would think I would be used to it after my early days at Hell House with A and C. C was a chronic pot smoker that became a good friend. But A ran men in and out of our house like we were running a motel! Then I moved into my current place with B, who would skip out on the lease, owing me nearly $1000.  D would move in a year later only to move back to NYC after not finding a job and now there is E that is bouncing because my apartment is too hot.

I don't want to go through this again-  online ad postings and potential roomie interviews. It is exhausting and stressful, needing a roomie to help pay your rent while crossing your fingers that she won't kill you!

Wish me luck.

No comments: