Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Mama Drama

Okay, so I had been talking to this guy for like six months on and off. I met him at Mardi Gras. Nice guy. Dark. Happy face, like a teddy bear.

Although I like to think of myself as cold and scorned, I found myself really responding to him. What can I say? I liked being liked back. I liked receiving cute texts and talking on the phone until early in the morning. Oh, and I liked being liked back. Did I mention that? What a dramatic difference from being some guys issue solver, I will tell you that.

Well, when we first started talking, I asked him the two essentials: do you have a girlfriend and do you have children? The answers to both questions were no. He had an ex, but she had like ruined him and he was ready to move on. I have to say, that was music to my ears.

To make a long story short, we had not talked for a while when he dropped back into my life, a long enough while that I decided to ask him that two essentials again. This time, his answer was not as cut and dry as it had been.

Apparently, he went out with a buddy to a club where his ex was. They drank together, then he woke up the next morning at his home, not remembering the part where he had sex with the ex, consequently getting her pregnant.

Could someone tell me how to feel here? I feel like I was cheated on, but I was in one of those titless situations that I actually warn people against, and now look what happened.

I will tell you the emotion that overpowers me: confusion. I am not really mad, because I learned early on that sometimes men do shitty things. I am confused as to how you fuck someone and not remember. I am confused as to how you can claim to really like a person, whether you are technically together or not, and just fuck someone else.

So where does this leave me? Sadly, I still like him. I like the attention. But now he is like at a distance in my mind. It's like I like him, but now instead of being the nice guy in my mind that he was, he is just another nigga who did something stupid to me, and that makes me sad. But what are you gonna do?

No comments: