Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

The Pledge

Today I turned 29! I am literally almost 30. I have dedicated this blog to complaining out my life, reviewing some beauty products that I like, and making observations. Here's a painful observation: since the creation of this blog almost five years ago I have not gotten much further than where I was then. I can't stay in the same place going into 30. My God! I want to cry thinking about it! Here is my pledge to myself.
  • I will strengthen my relationship with God.
  • I will become SERIOUS about creating opportunities for myself.
  • I will STOP assuming people will do right by me because I have done right by them. Disappointments cause set backs. Who has time?
  • Only take on work I am serious about, no matter what pay I am offered. If I am not serious about it, I will not take it seriously.
  • WRITE CREATIVELY AND DO SOMETHING WITH SAID WRITING.
  • Know the truth, don't believe lies because someone tells them to you with a straight face.
  • DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ELIMINATE BROKENESS! Broke=not fun.
  • TRY HARDER!
These can't be gone by February resolution. My career and my happiness depend on them.