Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holly and the Clinic Lady

I am sitting today at home and I can not focus to do my work because I keep thinking about a lady that I met today at the HIV clinic.
As you know, today is World Aids Day, so I went down to the clinic to get tested, and I was directed to a waiting room to fill out paper work. What a nightmare! There were only two women in there and they were crying! One left to get her results so I sat next to the other crying lady and she made me start tearing up.
She said she was scared. I asked her if her boyfriend had HIV and she said no, but that she didn't know for sure. So I rubbed her shoulders until they called her to get her results. About five minutes later I hear her from outside rejoicing. She goes, "Yes, I promise God, Imma get my shit together!"
I am assuming from that that she was negative, but I just keep seeing her crying. I say that to say, sex is not worth your life, which I have known forever, but I guess I just needed a refresher, which is why I am guessing I came across her today. So I have come to a conclusion: being alone is also better than being on the verge of death. So today, on World Aids Day 2010, I officially swear off men. They are all liars and dirty and promiscuous and I don't want any of them to make me sick. I am quitting the game before I even start because I never, ever want to be the clinic lady. Ever.

No comments: