Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Underprivileged

It is the end of the month and I am having the SAME end of the month money dramas. After paying all the essentials (phone bill, rent, etc) I rarely have enough money for food for the rest of the month. So, after sitting in my room starving for a few hours, I called my friend, and she suggested I call a church or something and see if they had some food.

So I was directed to this church in my town to go get a box of non-perishables. I look them up online to get the address, and I read there mission statement, which said something about helping the underprivileged.

YIKES! I'm underprivileged? I knew I was broke, but underprivileged? Now that I think about it, what else do you call a person that can't afford to eat? But that word is so...ugly. I have an $80,000 education, and I am underprivileged...and employed?! How the Hell did this happen?

If you need to reach me today, you can find me in my local community bread line, pushing my fellow underprivileged folk out of the way for the last can of Progresso. I need a PT gig...or a sugar daddy, which ever comes first.

No comments: