Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Dreads-The Aftermath

So, I am not at liberty to tell you the whole Dreads story because, as with every story I have concerning me and a man, it ended in heartbreak and humiliation. And you may be thinking, "How much heartbreak and humiliation can accumulate in less than a week?!" And to that fair question I would say, "You would be surprised."
On Sunday at a concert, I met the most amazing man with dreads. And it turns out, he was even more amazing than I thought originally. He liked Quentin Tarantino movies. He played every instrument in the band. He was 34 but felt like he was 17- his energy was that fresh. He got kicked out of the FamU band for hazing. His locks smelled really good. He was hella cute. Sigh. I could go on and on.
I guess all any of us need to know is that we are no longer talking. This guy was in and out of my life so fast ya'll I thought I dreamed him! If he hadn't written his name in the dust on my mirror, I would have really thought he was a fantasy. Three days we are taking here. That is a short period, even for me. However, I felt like I knew this dude for like three years, that is how kinetic our energy was.
I keep replaying the last time we hung out together in my mind like over and over and over again to the point where I dream about it. We goofed around and slow danced to Rain by SWV. He taught me that that beat was sampled Jac Pastorius's "Portrait of Tracy". It was a dream night for me, which officially ended with a phone call from his wife.
Siiiiiigggggghhhhhh!
I don't know if it is possible for me to be any more unlucky in love. All I know is that I miss him like CRAZY! I want to see him and talk to him, but that would be disrespectful and isn't going to happen. I can't even listen to my playlists on Youtube because I share them with him and now they remind me of him! I want to be like, "On to the next!" But I think I will be on this one for a minute.

No comments: