Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

In With The New

So Curious George FINALLY called me, but I have to say, I was not impressed or excited.
How was I feeling? Well, I was annoyed that he felt he could just call me after his stream of endless dead-end texts. I was irritated that because he never has much to say, the burden of conversation fell on me, and I was FURIOUS that he thought Betty White was the name of Betty White's character on The Golden Girls! Um, there are people on Earth that have never heard of Jesus, but even people in the Peruvian Wetlands that don't have access to phones, Internet, or even mail services know that Betty White's character's name was ROSE NYLAND!
Conclusion: I need a new beau. Nothing serious, just someone fresh and cool that I can phone cake with. It's Spring ya'll! Love is in the air...so they tell me. Birds are chirpin' and bees are gettin' it on. And it's not like I don't like Curious, but I want to actually be courted and entertained by a fella that is interesting and will make an effort to see me and CALL ME WHEN HE SAYS HE IS GOING TO CALL ME! My God, it's like pulling teeth these days to find a brotha to fill even the simplest of requirements. I don't even want to walk in the sistah's shoes that is daring to look for something committed.
The only thing about finding a new beau is the pain in the ass of finding a new beau. Men on websites only want sex. Men out and about are weird. Men your friends know all like them and for some reason, they can't tell. Eye roll. What is a sweet, adorable chub to do?
I have not figured that out yet. But I can say that I am excited about finding someone new.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, hello! i2i missy, I'm right there with you!

Although I'm starting to think it's just the men in the south. Every time I go to NYC, guys are all over me (I'm talking some quality ones too).

I couldn't even make it to baggage claim in LGA without some cute puerto rican spittin "Aye mami" at me.

Unknown said...

Oh, and being that we live in the gayest city in America, I wonder if that's a hindrance as well?

Sat on the way to Dogwood Festival, me and my friend had some car issues, and this cute guy stopped and actually offered to help. I wanted to hit on him, but I was scared he was gay (you know, being in Midtown and all).