Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bye-Bye Bra

After getting out of the pool at the gym I tried something that I have not done since I was in the second grade: I didn't put on a bra.
I know, I know. For a woman of my age and size this is a definite no-no. I would not suggest if you are anything above a B cup that you try this at home. I didn't plan on leaving the gym without my bra, but I have to say, I just DID NOT feel like putting it on. I was still damp, I was ready to go home, and on mistake, I had walked out of the shower without putting it on, and I didn't want to expose innocent bystanders to my boobs in the locker area.
I have to say, I was truly surprised with the end result. In my black summer dress, my boobs almost looked perky. Without hard nipples, you could not even tell that they were pointing south!
Walking into the grocery store after the gym, I felt liberated. That bra burning nonsense of the 60s actually made sense to me as I tossed a package of chicken legs in my cart. I liked the way it felt to have my boobs jiggling freely in public. I actually felt more confident than I do in the super support bras that a woman of my...stature is forced to wear.
So that day I decided: no more bras! I kicked myself for having bought a $40 bra the day before from Lane Bryant. I packed my gym bag, minus the bra, and proudly pranced to the pool. Afterward, I put on my gray summer dress, looked in the mirror, and had to stop myself from screaming. In gray, my boobs were a totally different story. I'd say an honest one. The girls dangled lifelessly from my chest like two half-empty two liters.
In shame, I exited the gym and headed to the store, feeling like EVERYONE was staring at me.
Needless to say, my bra is securely packed in my gym bag. I've learned my lesson.

No comments: