Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tori

I can not remember if I have ever mentioned Tori to you, the 5 foot even Virgin Island boy that I was foolish enough to give my phone number to while waiting on the bus in a very shifty part of Atlanta.
This part of the A is so shifty that I am almost positive that upon initially seeing me, a young female alone on a bus bench, he probably thought that I was a prostitute. This neighborhood has its fair share, believe me.
Anywho, I was feeling bad about myself because I had gotten my feelings hurt at my internship, and I just wanted to go home, eat some Edy's, and go to sleep. He comes along, tells me that "my Afro is an aphrodisiac" and I give him my digits.
That was almost three years ago.
Since then, this brotha has called me numerous times from different numbers. I know this, because each one is saved in my phone under "DON'T ANSWER." He always says, "Hey, this is Tori" like I am supposed to be happy or remember clearly who he is. Sadly, after tons of dead-in calls, I do.
I finally thought I had successfully tossed him when he called me a few months ago and I told him I didn't want to talk to him anymore.
"Why? Do you have a man?" He is so small and thin that he sounded like a hurt four-year-old. Luckily, Sorta Beau was still a fixture in my life at that time, so I was like "Yep' even though we were not at all serious (were we ever, I still don't know?).
When he called he was always on some left-field stuff. Once he was like "I was talking to a girl and there is now an eviction notice on her door. Do you still think she lives here? I wrote my number on the notice, just in case." Then, out of the blue, he called me on another occasion. "So, can I come over today? Do you live with your mom? Would she be cool with me coming over?" He even texted me. "Do you know anyone who needs a roommate?"
So, after the boyfriend deal, I was sure I had dodged him for good until he called me relatively recently. I can't give an exact time, seeing that I was half asleep. I pick up the phone and I see I have a missed call. Groggy, I call the number back.
"Who is this?" I croak.
"Tori."
I hung up. I'm sorry, but he is annoying, and he was messing with my nap time. Hopefully, he finds another chub to annoy someplace.

No comments: