Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Petina Pan Complex

I don't dislike attractive women, or women that think that they are, in the same way that I don't dislike women with relaxers or those serious flat iron jobs. But I have to be honest, they annoy me with their ENDLESS tips on how to improve my looks, the way that permies annoy me, always asking me if I have ever considered what my hair would look like straight; the way that skinny people annoy me forever asking me if I have ever thought of going on a diet.
I have coined it "The Petina Pan Complex"- the need for some, as a self-proclaimed pretty people, to spred their style tips to what they consider to be the beauty disenfranchised. For some reason, I always get these UNASKED FOR suggestions the closer it gets to the warm months. I guess the Petina's, always thinking of others, want me to be cute for the summer.
Dear Petina, do me a hug fav and sit down! I don't know if you got the email toots, but I am cute! Fat with kinky hair yes, but cute!
The great part- Atlanta is Petina Town!
Eye roll.

No comments: