Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

V-Day

Valentine's Day is in a couple of days, and to my surprise, I am not sad and bitter.
I mean true, I would love to be going out to dinner with Lance Gross, but that is totally not going to happen. I would also like to be going to see the Justin Bieber movie with a nice guy I met online or elsewhere, but I can not say that I have put forth any energy into finding a date.
I am find-a-date-exhausted from three months ago. I'm done.
I have to say that I am proud of myself for being so cool right now, but there are still three days left. Valentine's Day I could wake up in a panic, hoping to find someone as desperate as me on Craigslist to go to Chili's with.
But I will tell you what I'm not going to do. I'm not going to dress up all sexy just to get on the bus and go spend good money on some romantically named dinner at my local tavern just to go home and not get any action. If anything, I will probably oil my scalp and watch The Golden Girls on Youtube.
Either way, I am looking forward to February 15th when all the picked over V-Day candy goes on sale. Mmmmm, milk chocolate in the shape of hearts. Gotta love it.

No comments: