Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Glamping: The Untold Story


Last weekend I went glamping in Pine Mountain with Just Us Girls, the organization I have volunteered with for the past 5 years. I was a little scared to go because I am not the outdoors type at all. And even though I knew that it was supposed to be glamorous camping, I was still skeptical. But honestly, it was awesome!

First off, this is where we slept- no tents! I was so not looking forward to sleeping in a tent! And they are huge on the inside and resemble a hotel room. I know it's hard to envision but I promise it was nice.




Again, trees and grass are not my favorite, but you couldn't deny how beautiful the views were. Everything was so scenic. If I ever go back, I would totally take the days slowly and take everything in. However, I do have to say this: if you are not a walker, this may not be the trip for you. There are a lot if hills and trails and such. Luckily it rained, so I didn't have to experience that part if the trip:)

We went on a safari which was fun. The animals smelled horrible, lol, but when they came up to the bus we got to throw feed in their mouths. 



Back at the camp site there was a salt water pool that felt magical. I had never been in one, so I couldn't pass up the chance to take a dip. We also played games and made s'mores.  To be honest, I think the girls more so enjoyed burning the marshmallows than making the yummy treats. 

On the trip I also got to meet the new volunteers. These ladies are a lot of fun! So fun, in fact, that they made the time pass way to fast.
It has only been a week and I am ready to go back lol. Glamping has made an outdoor trip girl out of me. I'm ready for the next adventure, as long as their are no tents:)

No comments: