Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Tall Tale

One of Brownie's managers attempted to make a love connection with him and another young woman that he knows.
I was immediately wary. When older people make love connections, they are usually half-baked. All they take into account is that two young people they know are single, the end, so let's hook them up! They don't look at personality, body type, nada, just whether they are available. The person they think you would look perfect with could be a complete quack!
However, after doing Facebook research on Brownie's behalf on the girl, I was pleasantly surprised! The girl was apart of every club and group imaginable in school. She was even cute. However, I got the feeling that she was a bit tall...seeing that she was always last in line in all of her sorority pics.
This is only a problem because Brownie is a shrimp, for a boy anyway. He claims to be 5'7, but I put him at 5'5. So imagine his shock when he showed up and the girl was 6 feet even!
It never once occurred to me that a guy would even care if a girl was taller than him. I mean, look at Tom Cruise. I just assumed their love of jay-jay overruled everything else. Not for Brownie anyway.
Although this girl is cute and smart and wants to be a beauty queen and all of that, he had a Rolodex of reasons why it wouldn't work.
"She would have to bend down to kiss me."
"She felt like a foot taller than me."
"The man is supposed to be the protector and shit and make the girl feel safe. How can I do that if she is that much damn taller than me?"
Any other time I would agree. But I'm here to tell ya'll, loneliness is an eye-opener. This time just two months ago I would yell from the highest mountain that I would never date a short guy. But when you are by yourself and don't want to be, I find that you stop sweating the small things...like how small a guy is compared to you.

No comments: