Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fear Itself

It has been brought to my attention that I may have illogical fears, which got me thinking of the things that I have been scared of just this week.
The other day Connie's cat either scratched or bit me while I was kicking him out of my room. I was convinced I had Rabies. Within two minutes of the incident, I was imagining myself becoming one of the I Am Legend zombies.
I break out during my period. I know, TMI. But I had a gross white head that busted on my face and I convinced myself it was Herp.
Cinnamon gave me a pain reliever for this miserable headache I had, but I didn't take it, even though it felt like elephants were tap dancing on my scalp, because I was scared it was Ecstasy.
Lately I have been forgetting things that used to come easy to me, like the names of TV shows and rappers, which has me scared that I have early onset Alzheimer's.
A recent interview I did with a breast cancer survivor had me afraid that I could have it and not know, seeing that she had it and didn't know until she went in for a physical.
Rightfully so, I am scared that I don't have a future.
I am scared of having a heart attack.
I am scared to sit on public toilets, even though I do it all the time.
I am scared to drink tap water, even though I can't afford to by bottled water.
Yes, I know how all this must sound, but in my mind, these are quite serious fears that I feel are based in facts. Perhaps this should be my New Year's resolution: letting go of fear. I say this but keep in mind, I can't imagine it happening. It scares me to think of how free I would be if my life were fear free.

No comments: