Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Back Talk

Yesterday, I threw my back out while, get this, reaching for a napkin to dry my hands in the bathroom. The best part: I was a guest at a friend's house and in such pain I would have pulled an Olivia Pope's mama and chewed my wrists off.
Instead, I discretely went to my friend's bathroom to lay on the floor and stretch. I say discreetly, but I'm not sure. When a fat girl looks like she is about to start screaming, people notice.
While on the floor in the bathroom, I texted Fran and KT to let them know my current state. I can only imagine I looked like Humpty Dumpty, rolling around on the floor, trying to find a comfortable position to stretch. Two of the guests came in the bathroom and elbowed my back. My friend sat on it.
After about an hour of massage time, I was able to get up and felt better...until 10 minutes later when it went out again.
This time was EXCRUCIATING. I couldn't lift myself off the floor or go home. My friend was kind enough to let me sleep at her house. In the middle of the night, I had to utilize a chair as a walker to make it to the bathroom.
Just when I thought I knew pain, my body showed me up. However, today I do feel better and tomorrow, my friend is bringing me high voltage pain killers. Party time!