Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Muslim Thing

P wants me to be Muslim.
He tells me things about the Quran and the religion and his life and it sounds appealing at times.
When I was younger, I used to tell my grandma I wanted to be Muslim to annoy her. She was a serious Methodist. And in college, I was ready to become Muslim at the drop of a dime, but that was only because I was in love with P and wanted him to marry me.
But P is married now and I'm not in love with him anymore, so I kind of don't have the passion to revert as he calls it.
Man, am I a bad person or what, chucking Allah the deuces because I can't get the dude I wanted out of it?If I told P this, I already know what he would say: "There is a special place in the hell fire for that kind of thinking." Sadly, this is also what he told me when I wanted to get my eyebrows arched.