Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Disconnected

The other night I talked on the phone with this guy that I met on the bus. I have mentioned him before, the man that showed me the inappropriate Instagram posts? Don't ask how he ended up with my phone number when I decided months ago that he was probably a dead end. Chuck it up to my low self-esteem.
We talked for over an hour and it was a near perfect conversation with a lot of laughing. But we got disconnected. I called him back twice, no answer. I forked it up to all the things girls fork things like that up to: bad service, phone death, etc. I mean, our conversation was AWESOME! We covered everything from hobbies to flogging.
So, I called him the other day, just to say hi, and your girl Holls got forwarded to voicemail.
Whomp, whomp.
I could play the what happened game, and I have. Maybe he was at work, on the train, getting attacked by a dog.
Please.
This is your classic case of Hollyism: thinking something could work later that looked like it wouldn't in the beginning.