Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What A Dud

So Curious actually did come to Atlanta, but of course, nothing went as planned.
The way I remember it, when he called me, he told me that he was not coming. He tells me that he told me he was coming, but that he would not be able to take me to the movies because he was not driving down, he was driving with someone.
OK. So he calls me early yesterday to tell me that he is here. I was caught completely off guard. I looked like crap. I was broke, and I really had no intention of leaving the house. However, I told him I would come visit him that night and spend the night, which was a big step for me that I was questioning all day. Either way, I was happy to be getting some male attention...FINALLY.
Here is where it goes wrong: I call him on my way to the gym to confirm our plans. He tells me that he is in Decatur, which is quite far from his downtown Atlanta hotel room. Very far for a guy that is not driving. Apparently, he has "people" in Decatur who came and scooped him up. They went to the aquarium and such and were still hanging out. Ok. But ten minutes before I am to go visit, dressed adorably I may add, he tells me that he is still in Decatur, waiting on a ride into the city. Right...so I tell him I am not coming downtown and he not be there. He says we can meet up tomorrow...for like an hour before he takes the bus home.
So it didn't work out. But I have been thinking about how short of a trip he was taking down here to see me. Only a day? Granted he has a job he may have had to get back to, but it is Memorial Day Weekend! So he was essentially going to smash me and go home? Maybe I am wrong, but that is what it feels like. Sigh of relief. God has again saved my hymen from near breakage.

No comments: