Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daydreamin'

I would say that I spend a good 30% of my day daydreaming.
And anything can trigger me to zap into my little fantasy land- songs, sleepiness, some random noise.
In my fantasy land, oddly enough, I am a thin lady with Rihanna hair that does PR work for rappers; a woman that makes so much money that she has one of those bank money counters on her kitchen table in her downtown Atlanta loft apartment. I have dinner parties where Jill Scott does spoken word while Lauren Hill does backup vocals. I make all the food for these lavish parties, of course, draped in head-to-toe Chanel. I have a lap dog that I dress up like a baby. My "man" is just quiet eye candy that always stands at my side, and I have a really cool black car with butterfly doors that open when I clap my hands.
Sometimes I fantasize that I was not a complete dweeb/nerd in high school. I fantasize that I had actually had the balls to audition for the dance team. I dream that I dated some fine, nameless guy and everyone liked me.
I don't know how normal it is for folks to daydream. And I am no shrink, but I am guessing that I am daydreaming because I am not where I want to be in life. I am just concerned with the frequency in which I do it. I better get my life together before I completely lose touch with reality.

No comments: