Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Last Saturday

Last Saturday I woke up in the worst mood ever. I was hella sad and felt really, really rejected. It was one of those days where you call everyone you know and no one wants to talk. And I realized by 10 am that if I didn't get up and leave my apartment, I was just going to cry all day and watch Netflix and I didn't want that to be an option. So I got dressed up really cute and left my house.
I live in a very small community, and that Saturday was its founder's day. There was food and entertainment and healthy screenings and clowns. I did a walk through just to see what it was all about. Those types of things aren't really my scene, but I did pick up on a lot of positive energy from the crowd.
From there, I got on the train to go to Atlantic Station. A 22-year-old boy said I was cute, had the day off, and wanted to come with me. So we had a picnic on the grass and talked. It was really nice. He was really nice. And the day was amazing! The sun was out and I got to watch kids do back flips and play on the grass. It was really nice, all of it. And not to over use the word, but nice in the best way possible.
After he left, like just as he was leaving, I ran into Renee, a girl I know from her previous work at a local magazine. We talked about everything, from summer dresses to her run in with Mizz Twerk Sum, one half of the Twerk Team. I was in awe. You know I LOVE the Twerk Team!
On the way home, I thought about how quickly things can change if you put forth the effort. Just a few hours earlier I'd been crying and feeling horrible. Fran said she was impressed with my ability to need community and seek it our affectively. Oh Fran.