Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer of Chefin'

It is a dream of mine to be crafty in the kitchen. I can cook just enough to be able to say that I can. But I would like to be one of those women that can just whip up anything without needing instructions. And cool stuff, not just chicken or spaghetti. That is why I was so excited when I was sent these fun books.
I mean, how cool would it be to be able to whip up my own jam and candy?! I declare this my summer of cooking. I shall keep you posted on my summer cooking triumphs...and disasters.
The Books:
Sensational Buttercream Decorating: 50 Projects for Luscious Cakes, Mini Cakes & Cupcakes by Carey Madden, $26.95, BarnesandNoble.com
Best of Bridge Home Preserving: 120 Recipes for Jams, Jellies, Marmalades, Pickles, & More, $26.95, BarnesandNoble.com
300 Best Homemade Candy Recipes: Brittles, Caramels, Chocolates, Fudge, Truffles & So Much, More by Jane Sharrock, $19.05, Amazon.com