Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

So I was sent the Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque to try out and I was over the moon about it. I am very familiar with Cantu. I use their products to twist my hair. I had never done a hair masque before, so I treated it like a deep conditioner and as instructed. I lathered my hair in it. I couldn't help myself! It smells really good, and my hair had been kind of dry of late. Plus, my ends were doing that thing where they stick together:(

Now, the instructions say that you only have to leave it in for 30 minutes before washing it out. But it also states that you can treat it as a leave-in product. So, since I was familiar with the brand and felt safe with it, I left it in for like four hours.

The results: I am going to be real here: I only comb through my hair a couple of times a month. This is because, when I was combing through it daily, I felt like I was losing hair. So, more often than not, I detangle my hair by hand. And yes, this takes A LONG TIME usually. Using this, I don't think it took more than 30 minutes. The masque made my hair really manageable and soft. I will totally be using this product again. Stay tuned for the results of using this instead of the Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream to do my two-strand twists.