Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The 25 Year Itch

I made this pretty dynamic friend at the gym. It's funny, because I don't remember her name. But she is pretty amazing. She has twice the endurance of everyone in our yoga class, even though she has a LITERAL peg leg!
Anyway, she asked me how old I am, and I told her I am 25 and she goes, "These years are the time of your life."
Question: If these years are the time of my life than why am I CONSISTENTLY worried, confused, generally not at ease, and overall overwhelmingly concerned about everything?! Everything.
No matter how hard I plan or how strategic I try to place my steps, I always feel like I am walking a tightrope- one false move, and I can end up plummeting head first into homelessness, bankruptcy, unemployment, etc. If these are the best of times friends, then what will the worst be like?

No comments: