Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Words From Haynes

Since my grandma has Alzheimer's and this past month has been really trying, I had to call the next best next thing...my bestest homie Haynes. She has an old spirit and a way of making things seem like they aren't so bad.
So I told her everything, and her primary piece of advice was to not think of anything that is going on in my life right now as permanent; that I can get out of my situation. This was good to hear, seeing that for the past three years I have been in a rut. Well, a cross between a rut and quicksand. So, seeing that I am now living on my own with little to no money, I have to try to grudge the bottom of my gut to find the drive I had when I first graduated to either find an additional good job or go to grad school. Thinking about it makes me want to crawl under the bed and cry, but seeing myself as 30 in this same stink makes me want to die. I guess you have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

No comments: