Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fine Guys

When I was hanging out with Tasia yesterday, she informed me that she is so happy that there are so many fine guys in Atlanta. And I was like, "Where?"
She has found the secret. We have been hanging at the wrong places. Tired of clubs, we transitioned to lounges and tapas bars. But the dudes there usually have girlfriends or are so metrosexual there is a GREAT chance that they are homosexual. After going to some art shows and a few album release parties, she has found that the hotties lie now in the hipster crowd, Atlanta's Black art elite.
I can not help but roll my eyes because I have seen these dudes before. Yes, they are handsome, but they are wearing those DREADED man skinny jeans and have paint underneath their fingertips. I have to wonder if they are really artists or if they dipped their fingers in paint so that the ladies would think they are. They take themselves seriously, too seriously, and all their opinions on Black America are taken straight from Tavis Smiley speeches.
Maybe I am growing up, but I don't care how a dude looks that much anymore. I would prefer him to be conscious. Awake. Aware. Not faux-conscious because they have all the Common CDs but conscious, meaning they care about stuff.
Sigh. I have pretty much grown up in Atlanta, and I did not want to burst Tasia's bubble, but I think that those characteristics may be a wee too much to ask for out of a Georgia boy. I could be wrong, but I'm not.

No comments: